Monday, June 22, 2009

It has been a week of gifts for me.

I was gifted with the opportunity to spend some time with my nephews. My nephew, Jesse, was gifted with the blessing of a doctor who recognized a disguised bout of appendicitis and removed it before it exploded on the poor child. I was gifted with time spent alone with my other nephew, Colt. Charlie was gifted with a "new" bike and has quickly learned to ride it without training wheels! (Yay Charlie!) We were all gifted with time spent with family and friends. I was gifted with the opportunity to speak in church (my first sermon since Speech Class in College). I am gifted to have a concert at our church's upcoming camp meeting. I am gifted with friends. My neighbour gifted me with dozens of flowers to plant in my garden. I am gifted that I have the strength and energy to plant those flowers. I am gifted with helpful children that love to assist me in whatever I do. I am gifted with a man who is a loving father and husband. I was gifted with the opportunity to quietly, uninterruptedly visit with my mother.

Every now and then we need to stop and list our blessings, our gifts. It reminds us to accept them and to keep asking for them. As I spoke in church, if we do not go to God to ask for the gifts He so graciously holds for us, we cannot receive them. When we ask for what we want, we open the door to the possibility of receiving them. When we ask for, or claim, what God has already promised us, we open the door to possibilities beyond our imagination.

Today, I am thankful and because I am thankful, I am reminded to keep asking for what I want.

What do you want? Have you asked God for it? He's just waiting to give you good things!

No comments: