Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hiding

He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock
That shadows have dried thirsty land
He hideth my life in the depths of his love
And covers me there with his hand.
"He Hideth My Soul", by Eddy Arnold

This song came to my mind to comfort me today. There are times when I need to be hidden. When my soul is hurting and I need a place to hide then I can be assured that Jesus will just hide me. He will not only hide me but He will put me in a place surrounded by rocks, impenetrable by those who wish me harm and then He will cover me completely by His hand. His strong, powerful, invincible hand that will keep me warm and cared for while I am hiding. What an amazing God. What a powerful promise. When I am weary, worn, tried, tested, scared and just plain worn out then He will just hide me so I can rest and He will take care of me. When I feel at my rope's end, I don't have to tie a knot, I can cry out to Him who is greater than all things and He will carry me to a place where I will be safe and cover me there until I am ready to come out.

I am grateful to my God today. I am thankful that He will place me in the cleft and hide me there to protect me. So, on days when I feel out of control, worn out, tested beyond my limits, I can hide. I don't have to be and do everything, I can just rest in Him and then I find strength to do the minimal things, working by routine rather than by heart and that is OK.

No comments: